It turned out even better than I expected, the tiny cap sleeves work really well and the fit is so flattering. I used a crepe from Weaver Dee with maybe 20% stretch which allows me to cross my legs. The only alteration I made was to lengthen the split, if the fabric had more stretch I probably would have left it as it was.
Seeing as I’ve not left the house in around five month I took any excuse to wear my lovely new dress. My sister and family cam round for a socially distant picnic. Thankfully we are both out of the local lockdown zone so she could pop round before heading off on holiday. Look at how well my little niece is social distancing!!!
I’ve been working on making some sturdy face masks with nose wire and fabric flush against the skin to minimise the risk of catching a virus. Jesse Killion has produced a comprehensive pattern based on a template from The Fabric Patch, they have a link on the page to the the fitted instructions and templates. The Jesse is designed to fit to the face. It’s been a fascinating experience making up different sizes for my inlaws and husband. The masks are split into three categories, average, narrow and wide. Apparently I have an average sized face.
I took a day trying to find this pattern, there are almost too many out there. The written instructions were way too complicated for me so made them without. I altered the pattern a little, firstly adding an inch to the side seam to create a folded channel for ties, secondly I added a filter pocket for extra security. Im planning on writing up a set of simple instructions for my version of this mask so watch this space.
Thanks for reading, hope you are staying safe out there. Don’t forget to continue to support black businesses, pester your MPs and sign petitions. For ways to help go to Black lives matters.